Thursday, February 1, 2007

MePastor

My hope for this blog is to be able to share reflections and thoughts that I have about life, faith and this journey of following Christ. I hope to share my heart for Christ, love for this community through my life and struggles.
This is my blog, simply entitled mepastor. I have struggled with what it means to be a pastor and in the first few years found myself trying to fit the mold of what I thought a pastor should be, all the while failing to do so. It seemed I was always too young or “didn’t look like a pastor” (still am not quite sure what a pastor is supposed to look like) or just didn’t always act how a pastor was supposed to act. I have come to realize that God has blessed and gifted me to be me. So, I only know how to be me, who is a pastor, mepastor.
It is so humbling to be called pastor, to have a community of people come weekly to listen to me share teaching from the word of God. What an awesome responsibility and privilege this is. Again, this blog is an attempt to track my journey in becoming who God has called me to be, one who loves Christ and loves his people.

No comments: